For Mariska Hargitay, perseverance is key

Mariska Hargitay, who seems a constant in a field that usually lacks it, has produced a special documentary, I Am Evidence.

It examines the languishing DNA evidence stored in unexamined rape kits across the United States.

Hargitay, who has starred in Law & Order: SVU for 19 years is the daughter of actress Jayne Mansfield and professional wrestler Mickey Hargitay. Her mother was killed when she was a little girl, and it was her father who encouraged her to follow her dream.

“My father from minute-one that I had the thought of becoming an actor, always said, ‘Mariska, whatever you want to be you will be.’

“He said if acting’s what I want to do, then I have to go for it fully with everything that I have.

“And it’s been a blessing to have somebody in your corner like that, especially in a business that’s so difficult and competitive – so many rejections and painful self-questioning: ‘Can I do this? Am I good enough?’

“My dad said it’s about perseverance, persistence, being focused, and being good at what you do. And he always said be yourself.” – Tribune News Service

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise