Eva Longoria wants to make the world a better place

There are only weeks left before Eva Longoria gives birth to her first child, with husband Jose Antonio Baston. But the actress is not taking things easy.

On April 16, the 43-year-old actress received a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Last month, she launched The Eva Longoria Collection clothing line with home shopping network HSN.

This is on top of her many philanthropic projects to benefit children and Latinos in the United States, as well as producing and directing documentaries which highlight issues she believes in. She has a couple of charity funds under her name too – like Eva’s Heroes and Eva Longoria Fund.

The actress, known for roles in Desperate Housewives and Devious Maids, has also directed and produced other TV series including Black-ish and Jane The Virgin.

In an interview with Variety, Longoria – who has a special-needs sister – said: “I come from a very philanthropic family, so for me being involved in my community and giving back and the word ‘volunteer’ (were) instilled in me very early. We always had to volunteer for some sort of activity my sister was involved in.

“I knew I was going to be that person with or without a large platform. For me, it was a natural evolution of what I was going to be doing in my life as an adult.”

Next up is another documentary, Sanctuary – which highlights the future of the Arctic ocean and starring roles in All-Star Weekend, Overboard and Dog Days. Oh ya, and being a mummy! Longoria is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Eva Longoria receives the 2,634th Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 16, 2018 in Hollywood, California. She celebrates the occasion with (from left) pal Felicity Huffman, husband Jose ‘Pepe’ Baston, Ricky Martin and Victoria Beckham. Photos: Agencies

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise