Ambarvale teen to walk Fiji Fashion Week runway

Elle Atalifo dreams of making a career in fashion and this month she’ll be one step closer.

The Ambarvale local is set to be the ‘showstopper’ for the upcoming Fiji Fashion Week.

“That means I’ll open and close the show,” she said.

The 17-year-old has grown up around the fashion industry – her aunt is a fashion designer and she has previously been involved in the perennially popular Pacific Runway event.

Now, all eyes will be on Elle as she walks the runway in Fiji.

“I love the feeling on being on stage in front of everyone,” she said.

“It’s like I have an alter-ego when I get up there and everyone’s watching.

“It’s a fun, free feeling.”

The former John Therry Catholic High School student had a great time walking in the Pacific Runway show at Eveleigh – created by Minto local Jannike Seiuli to showcase clothing, models and designers from Pacific nations – and is thrilled to be taking to the catwalk once again.

She will spend two weeks in Fiji for the big event, which kicks off in Suva on May 21.

Elle said her aunt’s involvement in the fashion show helped her get her foot in the door.

“It’s going to be a really fun experience, I can’t wait,” she said.

“I’m looking forward to meeting lots of new people.

“It will be the biggest thing I’ve ever done, so I’m a bit nervous but mostly I’m just very excited.”

Elle said Fiji, which she has visited numerous times, had a very different “feel” to Australia.

She is looking forward to gaining more exposure for her modelling career.

Elle has taken her fashion inspiration from one of the world’s biggest models.

“I really look up to Taylor Hill,” she said. “She’s a Victoria’s Secret model and I think she is just amazing.”

Elle is studying an advanced diploma in leadership and management at Campbelltown TAFE.

She doesn’t know exactly where she wants her career to go, but she hopes to run her own business, ideally in the fashion industry.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise