Jennifer Lopez was asked by a director to show her breasts

Jennifer Lopez revealed she, too, has experienced sexual harassment in Hollywood. The singer and actress opened up to Harper’s Bazaar for the magazine’s April issue where she said that she was made uncomfortable by inappropriate demands from a director asking her to show her chest.

“I haven’t been abused in the way some women have. But have I been told by a director to take off my shirt and show my boobs? Yes, I have,” the 48-year-old told Harper’s. “But did I do it? No, I did not.”

She added that she was terrified to come forward about the experience, which occurred on one of their first meetings. “When I did speak up, I was terrified. I remember my heart beating out of my chest, thinking, ‘What did I do? This man is hiring me!’ It was one of my first movies,” she said. “But in my mind I knew the behaviour wasn’t right. It could have gone either way for me. But I think ultimately the Bronx in me was like, ‘Nah, we’re not having it’.”

She did not reveal the name of the director. This isn’t the first time the Shades Of Blue star has spoken out against sexual harassment and misconduct.
After Kate Upton accused Guess co-founder Paul Marciano of behaving inappropriately, Lopez, who was featured in the brand’s 2018 campaign, released her own statement.

“My position on these issues is well known, as I have been very vocal about them,” Lopez said. “I do not condone any acts of sexual harassment, violation, or misconduct. Any accusations should be fully and thoroughly investigated. I will continue to support our rights as women.” – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise