Babcock takes part in Fashion Week

WAVERLY – Ellie Babcock of Waverly likes to sew. A lot. She also likes to design clothes. A lot.

Babcock put both of those together and found herself modeling her creation in Omaha Fashion Week’s Student Night last month.

“I was real excited about going as I saw it as a good opportunity,” the 16-year-old said. She is the daughter of Jason and Cathy Babcock.

Omaha Fashion Week allowed 17 4-H members to show off their gowns as they took part in the Borsheim’s Red Carpet Experience. 4-H members applied to participate in the 4-H collection. In order to be considered, garments must have been exhibited at the Nebraska State Fair. Each garment was modeled by the 4-H member who designed and constructed it.

Babcock said she applied to take her gown to the fashion week show after the state fair.

“I have applied to take part before, and this year got accepted,” she said.

Her gown was a combination of three separate patterns using pink brocade for the skirts and gray chiffon for the bodice.

“I was faced with some obstacles, and it was a challenge,” she said. “I didn’t work on it every day so it took me some time to complete it.”

But once she had it done, she was more than pleased with it.

“I was happy with it and was really excited to be accepted into the fashion design program,” Babcock said.

“I really enjoyed seeing how everything worked backstage as I want to be a fashion designer one day.”

She admits she sketches clothing out often and since she loves to sew, she is often found working on a project or two.

“I have several going on at the same time,” she laughed.

She would like to take part in the show again.

“It was such a good learning experience for me that I really would like to do it again,” Babcock said.

I hope.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise