Eric Clapton says he’s going deaf

Rock legend Eric Clapton is losing his hearing. The Layla singer, 72, revealed that he’s suffering from tinnitus, a ringing in the ear that’s commonly caused by noise-induced hearing loss. “The only thing I’m concerned with now is being in my 70s and being able to be proficient. I mean, I’m going deaf, I’ve got tinnitus, my hands just about work,” Clapton said on BBC Radio 2.

“I mean, I am hoping that people will come along and see me (for) more than (because) I am a curiosity. I know that is part of it, because it’s amazing to myself that I am still here.” In 2016, Clapton revealed that nerve damage has affected his ability to play the guitar. The musician’s only scheduled 2018 show so far is the July British Summer Time Fest in Hyde Park. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise