US rock star sorry for kicking photographer in her face at his concert

Queens Of The Stone Age’s Josh Homme, weathering a firestorm of criticism for kicking photographer Chelsea Lauren in the face while she shot his band’s performance at the KROQ Acoustic Christmas concert on Dec 9, has posted an emotional video on Instagram apologising for his actions.

“I would just like to apologise to Chelsea Lauren,” he says in the first of a two-part clip posted on Dec 10. ”I don’t have any excuse or reason to justify what I did. I was a total d— and I’m truly sorry. I hope you’re OK.”

The 44-year-old also apologised to his bandmates, family, wife and kids, adding, ”I made a lot of mistakes in my life, and last night was definitely one of them. I wanna be a good man, but I think last night, I definitely failed at that. I’m gonna have to figure out some stuff, I think.”

Lauren, a photographer for Shutterstock, which has a licensing partnership with Variety owner Penske Media, said the incident was unprovoked. Homme released a statement characterising the incident as an accident.

Night two of the KROQ Acoustic Christmas went off without a hitch, save for a last-minute Morrissey cancellation. The Killers instead performed a couple Moz classics including, appropriately enough, Everyday Is Like Sunday.

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise