K-pop singer Rain is ready for new direction in life

Fifteen years ago, Rain was the Bad Guy – as he described a persona in the title of his debut song. The 35-year-old is now open to a new direction in life, he said recently while promoting his new EP called My Life Ae.

“I asked (the songwriters) to make me a song that doesn’t sound like me. I even consulted a separate rapping coach so I can rap in a way I’ve never tried before,” The Korea Herald cited him as saying.

“I think it is right for me to seek a challenge instead of stability.” Rain, who is married to actress Kim Tae Hee, became a father in October.

He said: “I’ve now reached Act Two of my life and it’s just an indescribable feeling … I want to raise (my daughter) as a person who can help the world.”

Rain, who is currently appearing on KBS singing competition show The Unit as a mentor, added that he is also relishing the opportunity to inspire younger singers. – The Straits Times/Asia News Network

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise