‘Gossip Girl’ star Ed Westwick accused of rape by actress, denies allegations

Ed Westwick has vehemently denied actress Kristina Cohen’s accusation that he raped her three years ago.“I do not know this woman,” he wrote in a statement posted on Twitter. “I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”

Cohen alleged in a Facebook post that Westwick raped her three years ago while she was a guest at his house. According to her account, Westwick “held (her) down and raped (her).”

Cohen has had minor roles in dozens of shows and films dating back to 2009, while Westwick is best known for playing Chuck Bass in the TV drama Gossip Girl. He currently appears in the BBC comedy series White Gold.

The actress wrote that she went to Westwick’s house with a producer friend of hers. She became uncomfortable when Westwick said they ”should all f***” and wanted to leave.

The producer, however, insisted they stay so as not to offend Westwick, but Cohen eventually moved to a guest bedroom to take a nap.“I was woken up abruptly by Ed on top of me, his fingers entering my body,” her account reads.

“I told him to stop, but he was strong. I fought him off as hard as I could, but he grabbed my face in his hands, shaking me, telling me he wanted to f*** me. I was paralysed, terrified. I couldn’t speak, I could no longer move. He held me down and raped me.”

Kristina Cohen

Kristina Cohen has accused Ed Westwick of raping her three years ago. Photo: Instagram

Cohen states that the producer who had introduced the two “put the blame” on her, telling her she was an “active participant” and that to accuse Westwick of rape would make her “that girl.”“For the longest time, I believed him. I didn’t want to be ‘that girl’,” she wrote.

Cohen explained that she came forward because she doesn’t want men like Westwick – who allegedly use their fame and power to “rape and intimidate, but then continue through the world collecting accolades” – to continue to get away with sexual misconduct.

Westwick and Cohen’s representatives did not respond to Variety’s request for comment.

Cohen joins a sea of women and men who have come forward, since the Harvey Weinstein scandal broke, with allegations of sexual harassment against notable industry figures. Kevin Spacey is currently embroiled in accusations that, like Weinstein, date back decades, and many Hollywood executives have stepped down or been fired as a result of allegations. Weinstein, Spacey, and director James Toback are all subjects of police investigations as well. – Reuters

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise