Actor Lucas Till does most of the stunts on ‘MacGyver’

Actor Lucas Till may have been too young to watch the original MacGyver – which aired from 1985 to 1992 – but he grew up with a father who was a MacGyver of sorts.

“We used to call him MacGyver when I was a kid and he used to hijack all of my class projects and do them for me and say that I did them because he loved creating,” the 27-year-old shares about his father, who was a lieutenant-colonel in the US Army, in an interview with Stuff.co.nz.

Last year, much to his father’s delight, Till signed on to play the highly resourceful US operative known for solving complex problems with simple objects in the reboot of the same name.

“When I would do movies he would be like, ‘Oh, that’s so cool.’ But then when I got MacGyver, he’s been calling me every day, like, ‘Hey, man, let’s hang out. Hey, I got this new idea. Hey, look at this thing I built’.”

Till also shares he does a lot of the cool stunts the character is known for on his own, telling Canada.com: “I’ve been doing a lot of yoga after the fact, because when I wasn’t preparing at all I would get really stiff and hurt myself.

“Unless I’m mistaken, I think I do all my fight scenes, but every now and again they have a jump-in because it’s just not safe enough or I don’t have time.”

MacGyver Season Two airs every Saturday at 9.05pm on AXN (Astro Ch 701).

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise