Passion is key to longevity in music industry, says Peter Cetera

Fans of Peter Cetera will be able to enjoy the sound of his distinctive vocals when he performs at Mega Star Arena in Kuala Lumpur on Sept 6.

The 72-year-old was the lead singer for Chicago from 1968-1985, and is the voice behind many of the group’s classic hits such as Hard To Say I’m Sorry, Hard Habit To Break and You’re The Inspiration.

After he left the group in 1985, Cetera enjoyed success as a solo singer, giving us hits like Glory Of Love (which was featured in the movie The Karate Kid Part II), as well as the romantic number The Next Time I Fall, a duet with Amy Grant.

The Grammy winner has recorded 17 albums with Chicago and released eight solo albums. He was last in Malaysia in 2015 to perform in The David Foster & Friends Asia Tour.

When you were in Malaysia two years ago, did you manage to travel around and try some of our local food?
I wish I had the chance to, but the last few times I was here we were on very tight schedules, so I did not get a chance to experience local food. On this visit, I hope to be able to go to Lot 10 Hutong and try out a few local food.

Very few can say they have a music career spanning over 50 years. What’s the secret to your staying power?
A lot of passion for performing to and for my fans.

Does it ever get tiring to sing your iconic hits like You’re The Inspiration and Glory Of Love over and over again?
No, it never gets tired when you are performing on stage. Only the travelling gets tiring.

What has been the most memorable moment in your career so far?
The various achievements in my solo career, and the continuous performance to and for my fans.

What are your thoughts on the music scene today?
A lot of the younger generation may not have had the chance to listen to the songs from my career and the careers of older artistes because we may not be on these new media platforms. I hope with new media, it will enable the younger generation easy access to songs from the careers of me and my peers through the digital sharing and distribution.

What’s one secret to writing a hit song?
Am still trying to find the secret!

And lastly, what can your fans look forward to in this concert?
They can look forward to my seven-piece electric band with a night of my old hits and new songs.

Peter Cetera will be on at the Mega Star Arena, Kuala Lumpur on Sept 6 Wednesday at 8pm. Tickets from RM350 are available at AsiaBoxOffice.com.
advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise