Izzue Islam of boy band Forteen goes solo

Izzue Islam has gone from Forteen to just one. The 27-year-old singer, whose four-piece boy band is famous for pop ballads like Dekat Tapi Jauh, Seperti Dulu and Linangan Terakhir, has released his own solo material.

“My two new songs are Bimbang and Sahabat. Both are my new singles with a band. Bimbang is positive song about not worrying while Sahabat is an ode to friendship,” Izzue said during an interview in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Both songs are co-written by Izzue and his wife Awin Nurin. Izzue has had both songs for years and was just waiting for the right time to release them. He described the sound of his solo material as “alternative pop rock” and will perform with a live band.

“I’m not trying to quit Forteen. I just want to expand my artistic endeavours into composing and songwriting. It’s something I’ve been wanting to try and I’m still learning to get better at. I want to see how well the fans take to the new songs.”

Prior to the release of his new material, Izzue said he consulted the other Forteen members – Ariz Lufias, Ridzuan “One” Shariffudin and Arif Ameerias – about his new direction. Izzue has been with Forteen since the group was formed in 2011.

“They know that this is the kind of music I want to perform. That’s the best thing about Forteen. We don’t try to hold each other back. We can try other things on our own. At the end of the day, we’ll always be Forteen.”

Izzue also assured Forteen fans that all is well within the group, and that it is just the time for him to explore his talents.

“I just want to be able to present myself as a multifaceted entertainer with songwriting and composing. Fans have seen me do other things such as act, host and do duets with other singers. So I believe they will understand and be supportive as well.”

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise