Aaron Aziz is the villain in Kollywood movie, Tik Tik Tik

Aaron Aziz achieved a new career milestone when he was cast as a villain in his first Kollywood film Tik Tik Tik.

The 41-year-old Singaporean actor, who starred in Malaysian hit films like KL Gangster and Ombak Rindu, shared that he was excited to be a part of the production starring Tamil superstar Jayam Ravi.

“Oh wow, everybody on set was really nice. The star himself, Jayam, and director Shakti Soundar Rajan actually took the time to meet me when I arrived at the hotel. They were very humble. I was touched,” he said during an interview in Kuala Lumpur.

Aaron shot his scenes in Chennai, India earlier this year. He admitted that he took some time to get used to being on a set with hundreds of people.

“I was scared at first. I didn’t understand what was going on. I can’t take photos on set. The director was shouting. So, it did feel a bit chaotic. But once I got the hang of it, everything just went smoothly,” Aaron said.

For his part in the big-budget sci-fi movie, Aaron spoke in English. He also said that he got his own caravan on set.

One experience he can’t forget is when a wardrobe person offered to help him out. “He was reaching for my belt and I was like, ‘What are you doing?’ Then it turns out that he wanted to zip my pants! I was embarrassed and I told him I would do it myself.”

However, Aaron came on set bearing a major physical setback – he sustained a neck injury while filming Suamiku Encik Perfect 10 in 2013.

He said an X-ray showed that part of his neck is crooked and because of that, he often feels persistent pain on his right arm.

“I was in a lot of pain for every single day when I was set. I just brushed it off,” he said.

Aaron also refused to use a stuntman for his scenes, much to the chagrin of his wife-cum-manager Diyana Halik.

“I know where my wife is coming from when she asked if people on set could go easy on me. But I don’t like that. I don’t want to work in a foreign land, only to show them I can’t do a lot of things. Then, I might as well go home,” Aaron said.

He shared that he has some minor fight sequences and relied on medication to cope with the pain: “I don’t want them to feel that getting an actor from the Malaysian industry is so troublesome. I don’t want people to look down on us, you know?”

Tik Tik Tik is due for release later this year.

Currently, Aaron stars in Kau Yang Satu, a romantic drama starring Izara Aishah and Hisyam Hamid. The film directed by Osman Ali opens in Malaysia on July 27.

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise