Famke Janssen stars in The Blacklist: Redemption

The Blacklist: Redemption star Famke Janssen hopes viewers won’t compare her to James Spader.

Spader has been playing informant Raymond “Red” Reddington on crime series The Blacklist for four seasons (and counting) to great effect, earning him two Golden Globe Best Actor nominations. Its spin-off, Redemption, recruited the Dutch actress (pictured here with co-star Ryan Eggold) to lead the cast as Susan Scott “Scottie” Hargrave, the tough head of a security firm.

“Those are very big shoes to fill, but I don’t like to compare myself to other people… ever. I do my own thing,” she shares with Maxim. “This is not James Spader vs me or Red vs Scottie. They are different shows and different characters, and hopefully people respond to both.”

Besides her turn as Jean Grey in the X-Men film series, the 52-year-old actress is best known for playing Bond girl Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye. Asked if she sees a female James Bond in the horizon, the actress responds: “I’ve always thought there should be a female James Bond. I think it would be great. I don’t think we’re there yet. Apparently we’re not there yet to have a female president in the United States or a female James Bond in the world, but I think one day we should.”

The Blacklist: Redemption airs every Friday at 9pm on Fox HD (Astro Ch 724).

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise