After 13 years, Sheila Majid releases new album

After 13 years, Sheila Majid releases new album

Malaysian singing sensation Datuk Sheila Majid has finally released a new album – after 13 years.

Boneka is a 10-track album featuring music by Indonesian songwriter and guitarist Tohpati. “It took me three years to compile the right material for the album. I received a lot of new songs from composers but only a handful met my expectations, so we decided to just have five tracks in Boneka. Meeting Tohpati changed everything, though, and I am glad that there are 10 songs in the album now,” Sheila told mStar Online at the launch of her album in Kuala Lumpur on April 11.

Sheila, 53, revealed that after Tohpati came on board the project last year, the album only took another nine months to finish and polish. Apart from him, other composers featured on Boneka include local talents Azman Abu Hassan, Kevin Chin, Omar K, Najwa Mahiaddin and Jenny Chin, who has collaborated with Sheila countless times.

The last time the Malaysian Jazz Queen had a solo album was in 2004 with Cinta Kita. “I actually was not that interested in releasing another album because of the unstable state of the music industry these days. However, I did it because of all the fans who kept asking me when I was going to release something new! Boneka is my gift to my fans,” said Sheila.

As for the album title, Sheila shared: “I named this album Boneka (puppet in English) because that’s what I turn myself into when I am performing on stage in front of the audience. Even with a glamorous image as an entertainer, the fact is that I am simply a human being with a high profile job; I see myself as a puppet that belongs to my fans when I’m on stage.”

As another “gift” to her fans, and perhaps a way to promote the album further, Sheila will also be holding a concert in KL on Aug 5. It is her first major concert in seven years.

The concert news came as a surprise to many, but one that has been very well received. Sheila Majid The Concert Kuala Lumpur 2017 is organised by IME Malaysia and More Entertainment, with support from Magada Entertainment. It will be held at Stadium Negara; the last time the singer performed at that stadium was in 1991 for Lagenda.

“Surprise! My dream of entertaining fans in a big-scale concert is finally being met, thanks to all the sponsors! Apart from Boneka, the concert is my biggest gift to fans in Malaysia,” said Sheila.

Tickets will go on sale April 14 from 10am at http://ift.tt/1bNLODv. Ticket prices start from RM98.

Source: mStar Online




share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by ADMIN, Published at 20:15 and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment