Heart and soul: Singer Elfee Hefny’s story

Singer Elfee Hefny has been singing since 2008 but somehow luck has not been on his side. After the release his first single Fahami Cinta in 2009, he went under the radar and then slipped out of the limelight.

For the last six years, Elfee has been focusing on his career in the hotel industry. And during his free time, he performs gigs on the side to keep in touch with show business. Since his love has always been singing, Elfee knew he would make a comeback someday.

With financial support from a few sponsors, Elfee started to work on his debut album late last year. The album, titled Jiwa Elfee, was finally released recently.

“If not for this group of friends (who helped me), I don’t think Jiwa Elfee would take off.

“My full time job in the hotel kept me busy. I also experienced hard times and that set me back. I finally managed to get back on my feet and completed my debut album,” said Elfee.

Produced by Atokcun Legacy and distributed by Insictech Musicland Malaysia, 5,000 copies of the album are available in the market and plans for a music video are in the pipeline.

“When I was given the songs to record, I was game to take on any genre. I was excited but nervous at the same time, thinking of how the response would be,” he said.

Aptly titled, Jiwa Elfee – which means Elfee’s Soul – the album is about his troubled emotions and the people he loves in his life.

“My journey as a singer had not been easy. There were too many distractions and hurdles that I had to overcome before I could release this album.

“But I have put these sad episodes behind and I am determined that nothing will stand in the way of my singing career,” said Elfee, who was referring to jealous competitors who went out of their way to sabotage his career in the past.

For Elfee, releasing an album is a personal achievement; the singer is not bothered with the glamour of showbiz.

“Many people assume I’m in this line because I want the attention. Truth is, I’ve always wanted to be a successful singer. This is the chance I have been waiting for,” said the 36-year-old whose real name is Mohd Hefny Mohamed.

Since most of the songs in the album are about overcoming pain and adversity, Elfee suggests those who are experiencing hard times give his album a try.

“I recommend those going through a rough patch in their love life to listen to my songs.

“We have all experienced hard times in our lives, only the degree is different.

“Believe me, it will calm your nerves just like what it did for me,” said Elfee, who is the second youngest of 11 siblings.

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise