Dimsum.my joins Chingay Parade

Dimsum.my, Malaysia’s latest subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service, will be touching hearts with its very own parade float at the 2017 Chingay Parade in Johor Baru, on Feb 17.

This will be dimsum.my’s first ever participation in the parade, thanks to the invite by Johor Baru’s Teochew Eight Districts Association.

The Johor Chingay Parade, an annual tradition of the Johor Gu Miao (Old Temple), has been celebrated for 140 years and was declared a National Cultural Heritage in 2012.

Held on the 21st day of Chinese New Year, the temple has an annual parade for the main deities of the five-main dialect groups – Hakka, Teochew, Hokkien, Cantonese and Foochow – where they are taken on a tour to bless the city and its people.

For Johor’s Chinese residents, the Chinese New Year only ends once the “Parade of the Deities” is completed.

The parade is due to start at 7pm at the Xing Gong temple, and will continue on its 8km procession tour through Johor Baru, before returning to Xing Gong around midnight to a joyous celebration of music and fanfare.

To mark its first participation in the parade, dimsum.my has created a decorated float with a theme “Prosperity”.

Based the concept of a sailing boat, the float indicates a successful year ahead for dimsum.my, accompanied by five koi fish to represent “five concurrent users”, one of the key features of the service.

Up front is a red rooster, also in dimsum.my’s colour, signifying the Year of the Rooster.

At the same time, dimsum.my will also run a CNY Roadshow on the 3rd Floor Concourse of Sutera Mall in Johor Baru tomorrow, from 1pm onwards.

At the roadshow, local singing group Mayao will entertain visitors with songs from popular dramas available on dimsum.my, including Chinese Paladin 5, The Dream Makers and Pretty Li Hui Zhen.

There will also be exclusive merchandise up for grabs.

Launched in November 2016, dimsum.my offers unlimited access to the best Asian content. It is currently available in Malaysia and Brunei, with subscription priced at only RM15 a month.

New subscribers will enjoy a 30-day free trial. To access dimsum.my, download the app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store or stream directly from its website dimsum.my.

For more information, visit dimsum.my, its official Facebook (http://ift.tt/2fzPlvG) or Instagram (@dimsum.my).

Dimsum.my is operated by Star Online Sdn Bhd, a member of Star Media Group.

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise