Wayward Pines gets more mysterious in S2

Jason Patric, who starred in The Lost Boys and Sleepers, is making the leap to the small screen, making his TV series debut on Wayward Pines.

The 50-year-old actor plays the show’s new lead, surgeon Dr Theo Yedlin, who is a newcomer trying to wrap his head around the goings-on in the mysterious town of Wayward Pines. “Because this character in Wayward Pines is very cinematic, I really wanted to approach it the same way I would a film,” Patric tells zap2it.com.

“When you show up on the set (in Vancouver, Canada), the production value is amazing, and it’s indistinguishable from movies I’ve done. You just approach it that way, and as I would with any other role, I’m trying to find the behavioural realism to this man.”

Patric – whose grandfather is the legendary comedian and actor Jackie Gleason and father is actor and Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Jason Miller (aka Father Damien Karras in The Exorcist) – also shares about not taking advantage of his family’s showbiz legacy.

“I’ve always eschewed any form of nepotism … Some of my peers had familial connections that I found they exploited, and that’s fine, but it’s not something I ever wanted. I’ve forged a different path, and it just doesn’t come up, so it’s not as if I hide it.” 

Wayward Pines airs every Saturday at 10.50pm on Fox (Astro Ch 724). – Kenneth Chaw

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise