Suria FM’s DJ Lin celebrates Hari Raya with 70 relatives

Suria FM announcer DJ Lin or Roslinda Abdul Majid says she got the gift of the gab from her mother.

“When it comes to Hari Raya, my mum will serve food to everyone, whether she knows them or not. She’s like the family’s PR department …” says the 40-year-old deejay who helms Suria Cinta (Sundays to Fridays, 8pm to 1am).

“So I learned how to communicate with people since I was a kid at home, looking at the way my mum entertained and talked to people. The whole kampung knows her, she’s very popular.”

This Hari Raya, DJ Lin says she is most thankful for her mother: “I appreciate the fact that my mum is still here, even though my dad and my grandmother aren’t anymore. I can’t imagine if one day my mum leaves us. I would lose my spirit, my idol.”

She continues tearfully: “As long as she is still here, I want to take care of her. I want to give back what she gave to me.”

Being a radio deejay, the Popular Radio Presenter winner at the recent Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian, shares her favourite Hari Raya tune is Aishah’s Setitis Cahaya Di Aidilfitri, a song about someone celebrating Hari Raya alone. Part of the reason she relates to the song is because she’s been a single mother with two kids for 10 years.

But as for celebrating Hari Raya this year, she won’t be alone. Far from it, as she will be returning to her hometown in Larkin Jaya, Johor Baru, to celebrate the festivities with some 70 relatives!

DJ Lin says she loves the bustling atmosphere. “We have a big house there and everyone just sleeps on the floor in the hallways. Sometimes, you might accidentally step on someone in the middle of the night on the way to the toilet!”

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise