No car, not a problem yet for Remy Ishak

Local actor Remy Ishak lost his car – a Mitsubishi Triton – after it was driven away by an unidentified person in Seri Kembangan, Selangor on March 16.

He reported the car stolen and has not received any news about its whereabouts since. At a recent interview in Kuala Lumpur, the 34-year-old actor shared that he is coping well without his car.

“I’m always thinking positive. Thankfully, I have friends who are always open to driving me to places that I need to be,” Remy said.

He also shared that he has never relied much on his car. “For shoots, usually I’ll just go with the transportation provided by the production team. Plus, I’m a homebody type of person.

“Then again, when I start going on long breaks and have to travel on my own, I’ll probably start feeling the loss of my car,” Remy said with a laugh.

Do not ask Remy if he’s planning to get a new car because this is how he’ll answer you: “I’m waiting for you to get me one!”

Remy also talked about his involvement in Redha, a film about a husband and wife (played by Namron and June Lojong) learning to raise an autistic child.“I’m really proud of this movie. I do hope we can get more people to be aware of autism. As an actor, you always look for meaningful projects that will help you give back to the community and this is one of them,” he said.

In the film directed by Tunku Mona Riza, Remy plays Azim, a swimming instructor who forms a bond with the family’s son.

“It’s a challenging role. I do have a fear of open water. But I overcame it by taking intensive swimming classes.”

Redha opens on April 14. GSC will donate proceeds of ticket sales to the National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM).

remy ishak

Actor Remy Ishak is doing well without his car. Photo: The Star/M. Azhar Arif

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise