Trailer watch: Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children

Aren’t we all peculiar in some ways? As the title of director Tim Burton’s new feature Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children suggests, there’s a whole household of children who are peculiar.

Based on a best-selling novel by Ransom Riggs, the film tells of young Jacob who finds Miss Peregrine’s home where people with special powers live. As Jacob gets to know them, he discovers he might be peculiar in a special way too.

In a press release from 20th Century Fox, Burton said: “When I was first approached to direct Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children I was given a summary of the novel with all of the photos in the book. I was immediately intrigued by the haunting and mysterious pictures in Ransom Riggs’ novel and knew I wanted to tell the story of those kids. A girl lighter than air, a boy with bees living in his stomach, a woman who turned into a bird – it was a world I wanted to explore. So I made a film about them.”

The same release also quoted author Riggs as saying: “For something I wrote to have inspired Tim Burton to create a doodle on a cocktail napkin would have been an honour. But to stand ringside and watch him pour his whole heart into this film – that has been one of the great thrills of my life. I couldn’t be more excited if you attached electrodes to my toes.”

The film stars Eva Green, Asa Butterfield, Chris O’Dowd, Ella Purnell, Allison Janney, Rupert Everett, Terence Stamp, Judi Dench and Samuel L. Jackson.

Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children opens Sept 29.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

These kids are ready to do some serious gardening in Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. Photo: Fox

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children

Eva Green in Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children. Photo: Fox

advertise
advertise
advertise

top navigation

advertise